Saturday 16 February 2008

Having added the ATrpm repo to yum I downloaded the MadWifi stuff as instructed but still no sign of the device in the network control widget.

So I try following the guide (for dummies) here....
http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo

- svn checkout
- make
- make install

So far, so good :)

Then I need to use modprobe to install it apparently... I thought I just had with the 'make install'? :/
Apparently /sbin/ isn't on the PATH for root by default, so added that to the .bash_profile for root and try again, this time it seems to work.

Following the instructions in the page above I issue a command that is suppose to create a handle for the WiFi card...

[root@yeti madwifi]# wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode sta

For the system to return with 'wlanconfig: ioctl: No such device'. That can't be good :(

No comments: