Sunday 22 June 2008

HELP!

Garrr...

A very promising first few months with Linux is starting to fall apart.

I've been tring to sort out realplayer plugin for my browser so I can listen to BBC 'listen again' stuff with no luck. So, thinking it was time to get away from things that are stressing me out I thought I'd have a go at sorting out my latest batch of photos.... some chance!

Seems now that when I try and start Picasa it fails abismaly to start without and error, or even any notification it failed to start.

I think Picasa runs under WINE rather than as a Linux program so it may be that WINE is having issues rather than Picasa itself. Where to start sorting this one out then?

Maybe I should try the Windows approach.. uninstall/reinstall, but I suspect that wont fix it :(
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Dan Kegel said...

Please post your question on the Picasa for Linux discussion group, http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux

Please include the name and version of your Linux distribution, the version of Picasa, and whether your computer is 64 bits.