Wednesday 1 July 2009

N85 sync with evolution...success :)

Finally got round to looking into getting my Nokia N85 to synchronise its data with my (Fedora) Linux PCs.

After much scrabbling about and fighting with it, it seems to be working now for both my Calendar and my contacts, syncing between the phone and the Evolution Outlook-a-like program.

I've put some notes on the hows and and whys on my personal website:
http://www.dafoot.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:fedora-nokia-n85-sync&catid=39:linux&Itemid=66

Hopefully those notes will prove useful both to me when I get round to doing same to my home machine, but as it runs a slightly different version of Fedora (32 bit FC10) to the machine I've just got work (FC11 64bit) it may be a little more involved!

No comments: